Friday, December 4, 2009

Family Letter

Before March of 2008 many were suffering layoffs and complaining about the economy. When it hit home everthing moved in slow motion. Hundreds were applying for the same 4 positions being interviewed in groups of 30 or more, then the same fade happened to the mother of my children. I can't speak for her , but I feel she just couldn't handle the situation.

Before you knew it, it was just me and my 3 children trying not to drown. The $789.00 a month rent, $300.00 a month car payment, killer gas bill, etc. were just too much. After a year and many months I decided to take me and my children into a family shelter. I really didn't want to submit my name into the OJFS System, but I was at the end of my rope.

We made the best of a bad situation, my children had a lot of fun and met a lot of new friends. HFF was very considerate and helpful, I wasn't in need of a lot but C. Brewer made me feel comfortable about coming in to her if I needed any assistance of any kind. The Dowd Center made it easier because this program really helped out with the children's homework, other after school programs, sent my children home at 6:00pm with homework not being touched, so the Dowd Center crossed 3 items off my chore list. I'm seriously considering attending the Ohio State Barber College. The job market is still competitive. I would, we would like to thank HFF for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment